The Gypsy





Gypsy

Married for love, that was buried in fear,
I stayed by his side, for my heart kept me near
But hidden below the folds of my soul
Was a wanderers heart, that never was whole

Give me green for my feet, and blue overhead
My lover beside me, and hay for my bed
There's a good God in Heaven, with a masterful plan
I was born as a gypsy, and a gypsy I am

The stars up above, shine down to my eyes
And I yearn for the earth that knows foreign skies
Over the mountains, and over the sea
My dear friend the west wind will soon come for me

Give me starlight to guide us, and strength for the storm
My lover beside me, for he'll keep me warm
There's a good God in Heaven with a masterful plan
I was born as a gypsy, and a gypsy I am

- R



Comments

  1. Love it.... and posting it.... no choice....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment